Senior Adviser – Diversity & Inclusion
The Chamber of Minerals and Energy of Western Australia is the peak advocacy body for the resources sector in WA. We are a proud, member-funded, not-for-profit organisation that represents the views and needs of our members and provides an avenue for members and stakeholders to collaborate. CME leads policy development and advocates on the issues impacting the sector.
At CME our people are important to us. We value diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive and collaborative working environment, with exciting opportunities for ongoing professional development.
Reporting to the Manager, the successful candidate will:
- Draw on contemporary research and company experience and case studies, and prepare information to:
- assist the resources sector to operationalise best practice approaches to diversity and inclusion; and
- provide input into relevant government policy (e.g. childcare, remote health/mental health services etc.) to promote D&I outcomes.
- Facilitate and manage the Diversity and Inclusion Reference Group, to facilitate industry collaboration, sharing of best practice and prioritising issues.
- With input from the Reference Group, establish a D&I policy and advocacy Work Plan which covers gender diversity, indigenous participation and disability inclusion.
- Connect industry D&I priorities with CME strategy.
- Lead and manage the biennial Diversity in the WA resources sector report project (2021) – including:
- survey design utilising CME’s Survey Portal;
- collation and interpretation of company data; and
- the production of aggregated and benchmark industry reports through CME’s Power Bi reporting system.
- Liaise with industry and CME Communication and Campaigns team to create and share proactive D&I content for CME’s communication platforms.
- Writing submissions to Government as needed, preparing agenda papers and reporting on CME D&I activities/projects.
What are we looking for in you?
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- 7+ years in a HR role, specialising in diversity and inclusion.
- Extensive experience in the provision of strategic advice on a range of diversity and inclusion matters.
- Strong stakeholder management experience with excellent communication and consultation skills for gathering information from key stakeholders.
- Pro-active, adaptive and outcome-driven, always taking the necessary steps to achieve set goals and targets.
- Strong, inclusive people and relationship management skills.
- Strong analytical, research and report writing skills, including the ability to synthesise information and data and present it in a logical and organised way.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
If this sounds like this is the job for you, apply here.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON 9 APRIL 2021.