CME is delighted to announce that nominations and sponsorship opportunities are now open for the 2021 Women in Resources Awards (WIRA).
The awards are designed to recognise individuals and organisations working to build a world-class industry, which provides attractive career opportunities and enhances the recognition and participation of women in the sector.
WIRA2021 comprises the following categories:
- Outstanding Woman in Resources (aged 31 or over at 31 December 2020)
- Outstanding Young Woman in Resources Award (aged 30 years or younger at 31 December 2020)
- Outstanding Operator/Technician/Trade Woman in Resources Award
- Women in Resources Technological Innovation Award – New Award
- Outstanding Company Initiative Award
- Women in Resources Champion Award (open to male and female nominees).
How to nominate:
Companies are encouraged to promote the Women in Resources Awards to staff, nominate individuals and provide support to those who submit a nomination. Nominations will close on Friday 30 October 2020, 5pm (WST) and can be started here.
Award finalists will be honoured and winners announced at the CME Women in Resources Awards dinner on Friday 5 March 2021. Tickets for the awards presentation dinner will open early January 2021.
How to sponsor:
Sponsorship of the awards will enable CME to continue to advocate the value of a gender diverse workforce in the WA resources sector. The following sponsorships are available on a first come, first served basis:
- Platinum Sponsor (Two available)
- Gold Sponsor (Five available)
- Career Development Sponsor (One available)
- Regional Sponsor (Three available)
- Silver Sponsor (Four available)
More information about these sponsorship opportunities can be found on the WIRA website.
Nominations open – 17 September 2020
Sponsorships open – 17 September 2020
Nominations close – 30 October 2020
Finalists announced – 11 January 2021
Registration/ticket sales open – 11 January 2021
Finalists’ breakfast – 18 February 2021
WIRA 2021 Awards dinner – 5 March 2021
For further information: