The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS) is currently calling for submissions for the annual Work Health and Safety Excellence Awards. These awards recognise outstanding solutions and innovations to specific workplace health and safety problems in Western Australia.
Awards categories are:
- Work health and safety invention of the year – recognises development of plant/equipment engineering and/or infrastructure to enhance health and safety
- Best solution to a work health and safety risk – recognises innovation, implementation and/or design of systems or procedures to improve health and safety
- Best workplace health and wellbeing initiative – recognises an organisation’s commitment to the health and wellbeing of its workforce.
- Leadership excellence award – recognises an organisation’s excellence in leadership in improving health and safety in the workplace
- Safety and health representative of the year – recognises an elected safety and health representative who has made a significant contribution and demonstrable difference to safety and health in the workplace.
There is no limit on the number of nominations a company can submit, however, the same nominations cannot be submitted to multiple categories. Nominations are open to individuals, associations, partnerships, companies, and other organisations that operate within the DMIRS jurisdiction. Nomination and assessment criteria are available here. Nominations can be submitted via the DMIRS online platform.
Submissions close June 4, with the award ceremony planned for October 2021.
Contact: Laila Nowell, Policy Adviser – Workplace Health and Safety