Resources Industry Training Council
The Resources Industry Training Council (RITC) is a State Government funded joint venture between CME and the Australian Petroleum Production & Exploration Association Ltd (APPEA). The RITC represents the workforce development interests of the State’s mining, oil and gas and downstream process manufacturing industries.
The RITC is one of ten industry advisory bodies recognised by the State Training Board of Western Australia (STB) to provide strategic, forward looking training advice to the STB, Department of Training and Workforce Development, industry generally and also Registered Training Organisations.
A major function of the RITC is to work with industry, Registered Training Organisations and government to develop and implement innovative solutions to address skill shortages and changing workforce needs.
The RITC also has close working relationships with the two National Industry Skills Councils (ISCs) that operate in industries covered by the RITC – SkillsDMC and Manufacturing Skills Australia (MSA).
An Industry Advisory Board oversees activities of the RITC and provides advice on industry workforce development issues.
As at February 2013 the RITC Industry Advisory Board comprised:
- Jeanette Roberts, Vice President and Chief of Staff, Kvaerner Oil and Gas Australia (Chair)
- Roma Sharp, Senior Policy Adviser, Productivity and Training, APPEA
- Meenakshi Aggarwal, Training Manager, WesCEF
- Siobhan Mulvey, General Manager HR Planning and Capability, Rio Tinto Iron Ore
- Virginia Hilliard, Chief Executive Officer, Australian Drilling Industry Training Committee Ltd
- Tony Noonan, General Manager, Doorn, Djil Yoordaning Mining and Construction
- Sanchia Tolomei, Manager, Business Performance Services, KPMG
- Sarah Hooper, Director, CMEWA
- Timothy Hawkins, Assistant Director – Operations West, SkillsDMC
- Bob Paton, Chief Executive Officer, Manufacturing Skills Australia
- Stewart Allan, Operations Training Manager, Apache Energy Ltd
- Gary Wood, Secretary, CFMEU Mining and Energy Division – WA District, CFMEU
- Paul Asplin, Assistant Branch Secretary, Australian Worker’s Union Linda Morich,
- Occupational Health and Safety Organiser, MUA
- Keith Spence, Chair, State Training Board (ex-officio)
- Carmen Broderick, General Manager – International, Education and Training International (ex-officio)
- Nigel Haywood, Manager, RITC (ex-officio)
The industry sectors represented by the RITC include:
- Metal Ore Mining
- Oil and Gas Extraction
- Coal Mining
- Non-Metallic Mineral Mining and Quarrying
- Exploration and Mining Support Services
- Petroleum and Coal Product Manufacturing
- Petroleum Refining and Petroleum Fuel Manufacturing
- Polymer and Rubber Product Manufacturing
- Chemical Manufacturing
- Non-Metallic Mineral Product Manufacturing
- Primary Metal and Metal Product Manufacturing
- Scientific Research Services
- Scientific Testing and Analysis Services